Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee + Pastry Deals (City Centre)

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Folks!

I just wondering if somebody knows cool places in Dublin City Centre that offers a Coffee and Pastry deals under 5e.

For example I know:

I will make a list if I found more :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cafe Sol do them in all their stores for €3.75 (used to be €3.50 until a few months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There's always Insomnia.

Coffee and pastry €3:75 - €4:50.

Coffee and sandwich €5.

Coffee and hot sandwich €6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

There's a great little coffee shop on Liffey street next to the Grand Social pub. I can't remember the name of it though.
    They do a ciabatta sandwich, coffee, and creamcake for €5.
    The food is delicious and the coffee is top quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's always Insomnia.

Maybe its just me but I find Insomnia coffee is fairly poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gribas

There's a great little coffee shop on Liffey street next to the Grand Social pub. I can't remember the name of it though.
    They do a ciabatta sandwich, coffee, and creamcake for €5.
    The food is delicious and the coffee is top quality.

Thanks folks for your suggestions!

I know that place but I don't remember the name, when I have the name I will put on the list. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Caffe Noto, Thomas St €3.50

Also you only need 6 coffees to qualify for a free one. Has to be the best value loyalty scheme around.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Caffe Noto, Thomas St €3.50

Also you only need 6 coffees to qualify for a free one. Has to be the best value loyalty scheme around.

Thanks!! :)

Added to list!

Hi Folks,

This weekend we discovered a new place called Ubode, close to Temple Bar.

They have an offer that includes any hot beverage with any pastry for 3.65. I will put on that list too.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/ubode-dublin

Hava a good Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

That Caffe Cagliostro deal kept me going last summer. Very good value, considering that some places will charge you nearly €3.50 for the coffee alone!

gribas wrote: »
    Hi Folks!

I just wondering if somebody knows cool places in Dublin City Centre that offers a Coffee and Pastry deals under 5e.

For example I know:

I will make a list if I found more :)

Thanks in advance!

Up and updated list for adding the last one (Ubode).

Anyone knows more? :)

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Passed by Dwarf Cafe at the corner of Parliament St and Wellington Quay- they have a blackboard outside stating Happy Hour 5-7pm, Coffee & Pastry €3.50. I've never been in so can't comment on what it's like but the price is good so I might check it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Passed by Dwarf Cafe at the corner of Parliament St and Wellington Quay- they have a blackboard outside stating Happy Hour 5-7pm, Coffee & Pastry €3.50. I've never been in so can't comment on what it's like but the price is good so I might check it out soon.

Posting this from Dwarf Jar Cafe. Mocha (& croissant) is very good. Cost 4:50 but €3:50 happy hour from 3-5pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I know it wasn't specified in-thread, but Caffe Cagliostro's coffee+cake deal is now €4.50, up from €3.50. Terribly sad. The coffee+pastry deal remains at €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Donnybrook Fair, in Grand Canal Dock, charge 3.00 EUR for a scone and coffee. The 6th coffee is free also. This could be an opening offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Posting this from Dwarf Jar Cafe. Mocha (& croissant) is very good. Cost 4:50 but €3:50 happy hour from 3-5pm today.

Their happy hour is 3-5 pm every day. Good coffee too.

Hi folks,

This weekend I discovered one more:

- Bittersweet Cafe in Lord Edward Street, any coffee plus any pastry for 3.50 for me the best latte in town.

List Updated!

Many thanks to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Their happy hour is 3-5 pm every day. Good coffee too.

Thanks, could have sworn I saw 5-7pm, just goes to prove I need glasses !

It's on quite a busy spot on the quays traffic wise, I'd say it feels a bit bizarre but strangely relaxing to be sitting inside it at rush hour with a coffee and pastry when all around outside the big windows are buzzing about like mad to get home.

Must try it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks, could have sworn I saw 5-7pm, just goes to prove I need glasses !

It's on quite a busy spot on the quays traffic wise, I'd say it feels a bit bizarre but strangely relaxing to be sitting inside it at rush hour with a coffee and pastry when all around outside the big windows are buzzing about like mad to get home.

Must try it soon.

It does!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Lolly and Cooks do a happy hour deal in their Georges Street Arcade stall location. Between 11-12 and 3-4 mon-fri, €3 for any cake and hot drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thanks folks for your suggestions!

I know that place but I don't remember the name, when I have the name I will put on the list. Thanks! :)

I think it's called Traditional Craft Bakery, used to live on Liffey St and always heard the lad shouting "coffee an a donut, €1.99". Not sure if they're still doing that deal, though.

Can also vouch for their sambos and jam tarts!

• Advertisement

List Updated!

Added to list Coffee House on Pearse Street, (sorry I don't have any link, I didn't found it on yelp)

Thanks!

Advertisement