Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What products can boost an E586 signal or do any of you combine with routers?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hope its not a silly question but I have an E586 and, despite best efforts, my signal seems to fluctuate at certain windows; resulting in my having to constantly re-position it. Very frustrating. (I have used pots, tinfoil, all the kooky home-made aerial stuff).

I wanted to ask if there's an easy way to combine an E586 with wireless routers so as to boost wifi around a semi-d dormer house. Are there preferred routers / standards?

I've heard of wifi boosters for these mifis but don't know much about them. Any tips / advice / links to existing threads much appreciated.

EDIT Saw this thread and have read it before! Remote 3G installation thread.

Just wondering about anyone with e585 or e586 in these set-ups.

Kind rgds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

If you can get the E586 in a good working location then your simplest solution is just a plug in WiFi repeater to get your WiFi signal to cover a larger area.

If the problem is that you can't get a good location that works for the E586 then there isn't much more you can try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I've got my huawei bridged with an old netgear router through the laptop ,can pick up WiFi all over the house.

Advertisement