Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Jervis Street, Dublin c.1850-60

Options
  • 08-01-2014 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Everyone

This is my first ever post so sorry if I do anything incorrectly.

I am looking for help out there is anyone can with my family history which I have I think traced to a tennament building a few doors from the Jervis Street Hospital in the 1860s.

If there is anyone out there with a knowledge of the families, streets etc. around this time please let me know.

I am from Kerry and have traced the roots from my Mothers side in Manchester.

Any help would greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks

Danny

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Welcome!

What exactly are you looking for?

We can make suggestions of where to look next, etc. For example, if you've gotten back to the 1860s, then you're heading into parish records and Grifftith's Valuation territory, where you might find your ancestors renting.

Pinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

You're very welcome Danny.

You've certainly come to the right place! We do our best to help each other if we're stuck or offer advise on what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pelesnojayjay

Thanks a mil guys.

Just checked back there its late now so I will give more details re family tomorrow must dig out baptism / marraige records that I have.

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Hi Pele

See list of residents of Jervis Street in Thoms Directory 1862 at:
    http://www.libraryireland.com/Dublin-Street-Directory-1862/90.php

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My people may have known your people but I would have no way of knowing anything more. Mine lived a few streets away. Even when I was a child you couldn't walk for more than 5 minutes in Dublin city without bumping into someone you knew. Sorry can't be more help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement