Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data and call roaming in France

Options
  • 08-01-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi, Looking for some advice, I have a 30 day rolling contract with Three (classic flex max) which i want to stay on as it covers all my needs.

Unfortunately three dont have a " like Home" option for france.

I have 2 unlocked 3g phones, I am looking for a solution that allows me to use one phone for data which i will tether to my laptop and one for making calls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

For tdata with ethering a local SIM is the only viable option. The roaming tethering rates are 86c/MB on all the Irish networks.

For calls, Meteor do 35c/min to make and it's free to take calls on prepay roaming. There are other options like Vodafone Red but these are only worthwhile on a billpay plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Just be are you will be charged for all calls and texts in France on this contact. Your free units are not used.

Advertisement