Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level physchem !

Options
  • 07-01-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone have any tips on how to study higher level physchem , there is no text book available only teachers notes ! All help welcomed ! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mollay

Anyone have any tips on how to study higher level physchem , there is no text book available only teachers notes ! All help welcomed ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

keep doing the exam questions. they're repetitive, the same stuff comes up a lot. know your formulas and experiments for both Phys and Chem.

don't go into the exam banking on 3 certain questions for each section. you should have enough time to do at least 4 if not 5 in each section, the more questions you do the better.

Yeah that's very true ! Do you know if there is a text book / revision book available on the market ? Thanks for your help much appricated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can't say i know of one myself. Very few people take the subject, so there's not enough demand for a specific textbook. You'll find all the definitions and experiments in textbooks for pure Phys and Chem, if you feel your teachers notes arent up to scratch.

Also, the answers given in the marking schemes will show you what you should be giving, very handy for the short questions

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Mollay wrote: »
    Yeah that's very true ! Do you know if there is a text book / revision book available on the market ? Thanks for your help much appricated !!

There is a book available

http://books.google.ie/books/about/Physics_Chemistry.html?id=kUS4PgAACAAJ

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for your help !

Can anyone give me a list of formulas I need to know off by heart for the physchem honours leaving cert course , the ones that are not in the log tables ! Any help would be great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Why do people choose the combined subject rather than either physics or chemistry?

Can physchem be substituted for physics or chemistry as a matriculation requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

As a science, yes. As Physics or Chemistry specifically, no. You wouldn't be allowed to do Theoretical Physics (Physics) or Pharmacy (Chemistry) in Trinity with PhysChem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Why do people choose the combined subject rather than either physics or chemistry?

Can physchem be substituted for physics or chemistry as a matriculation requirement?

When I did my leaving cert that was all that was offered in my school. There wasn't enough demand for either subject on it's own.

Typically you won't find schools offering physics, chemistry and physchem, unless it's a big school that has enough to run all three classes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement