Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Tactic

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Recently inquired about a 2 bed apartment for sale in limerick city for 50k asking price on daft.ie.

The property has been for sale over a year. Its started off at 90k and was reduced to 50k over the summer.

The estate agent said the property is available and has a current offer of 50k.

I thought this unusual as the offer equalled the asking price on the add and the property was still available.

Is this smoke and daggers by the estate agent for me to increase my potential offer?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Most likely yes. You have to decide how much you're willing to spend and not let an estate agent talk you into paying more.

Advertisement