Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is mast LTE live

Options
  • 07-01-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

According to ComReg my local Meteor mast (4213) has LTE, does that mean it is 4g or maybe it will be at some future date:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I am the same as you although the Meteor website shows no coverage. I have just emailed Meteor to see what the situation is, fingers crossed it has been upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I've called to the shop in Mullingar but they knew nothing about the mast upgrade but said it may have been, I also contacted Meteor on Boards, they could have an answer for me tomorrow.
    Although I'm entitled to a free upgrade on my mobile BB so I was told I can get the 4G device on a free* 14 day trial.
    *terms and conditions apply;)

Checked the meteor coverage map on the meteor website to see it has been updated and although we are in a 3g area it would appear we are 400-500m away from the 4g so with this in mind I went ahead and got the E3272.

On plugging this in unfortunately we could only pick up 3g so I went ahead and got an LTE MiMo multi-band antenna and after a bit moving around could pick up a 4g signal :-) Speed has gone from 2-5mbs to running 10-13mbs so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

THE ALM wrote: »
    On plugging this in unfortunately we could only pick up 3g so I went ahead and got an LTE MiMo multi-band antenna and after a bit moving around could pick up a 4g signal :-) Speed has gone from 2-5mbs to running 10-13mbs so happy days.

Where/what antenna did you get?

Scruff wrote: »
    Where/what antenna did you get?

Scruff - I went with this - http://www.dipol.ie/antennas/gprs-umts-lte/multi-band/lte-mimo-antenna-atk-log-lte-800-2170mhz-5m-cable-fme-socket.html

I had to add 2 FME to TS9 pigtails which I got through Anthony Tully Components who are the agents for Dipol and they included these when sending the antenna.

They are based in Co Cavan and phoned to confirm details of order, goods dispatched that afternoon.

So far so good and still picking up the 4g signal. I may look at getting a higher gain antenna down the line as I currently only get a 2 bar signal although considering I am not in the 4g coverage area I am more than happy.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

THE ALM wrote: »
    Scruff - I went with this - http://www.dipol.ie/antennas/gprs-umts-lte/multi-band/lte-mimo-antenna-atk-log-lte-800-2170mhz-5m-cable-fme-socket.html

I had to add 2 FME to TS9 pigtails which I got through Anthony Tully Components who are the agents for Dipol and they included these when sending the antenna.

They are based in Co Cavan and phoned to confirm details of order, goods dispatched that afternoon.

So far so good and still picking up the 4g signal. I may look at getting a higher gain antenna down the line as I currently only get a 2 bar signal although considering I am not in the 4g coverage area I am more than happy.:)

I am getting 4 bars without any aerial , About 5 miles from nearest LTE Meteor Mast , Get 12-14 Mb eachway on Speed test , Will try aerial to see if speed increases

galait wrote: »
    I am getting 4 bars without any aerial , About 5 miles from nearest LTE Meteor Mast , Get 12-14 Mb eachway on Speed test , Will try aerial to see if speed increases

Although I am only a mile from the mast there is a hill and trees between us and we seem to be in a bit of a hole when it comes to the 4g signal. 5 bars on 3G was no problem just using the E3131 dongle but no such luck with 4g on the E3272.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Comreg site viewer shows that both Vodafone and Meteor have 4G in my area which they don't doesn't seem to be accurate at all.

jay93 wrote: »
    Comreg site viewer shows that both Vodafone and Meteor have 4G in my area which they don't doesn't seem to be accurate at all.

The Comreg siteviewer used to have the local Meteor mast as LTE which they no longer do. Looking on Meteor the coverage is 4G in our area, although I seem to be in a bit of a black spot hence why I got the aerial.

Advertisement