Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moet cheapest price or alternative - oscars party

Options
  • 07-01-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm throwing an oscars party in feb, with some close friends.

I'd like to buy a bottle of something fancy for the night. I'm not a huge drinker but I understand moet is a popular "fancy brand".

Anyone have any other fancy champagnes they'd recommend that taste just as nice maybe cheaper with a Hollywood label ha, also where's the cheapest place to buy moet. (So far tesco at €47) seems best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

Before Xmas, a bottle of Moët was €38 a bottle in the off licence in Carpenterstown in Dublin, not sure of the name, it's beside the CCC

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

great price, I could be better off getting a few bottles of processo instead :) classy choice ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

sally365 wrote: »
    great price, I could be better off getting a few bottles of processo instead :) classy choice ha

Do I get an invite then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oudinot which is available in M&S tends to be cheaper and has won lots of awards and tastes nicer than Moet. Can't find a link for prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Oscar parties with Champagne, recessions officially over for some it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Oscar parties with Champagne, recessions officially over for some it seems!
    begrudgery is still alive and kicking though.

Not everyone is broke because of the recession, some of us have money to spent on things we want, such as a Party with friends, an iPad or a pizza delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

sally365 wrote: »

I guess it's personal choice but I find most of the entry level prosecco's and cava's just as nice and in some cases alot nicer than the lower range of the champers.

A lot of the time the only thing the extra 30-40e gets you is the letters moet.

Advertisement