Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign Language post Beginner course in Waterford

Options
  • 07-01-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    Awareness of hearing difficulties in this country are barely recognised in our media and education of sign language has never become part of mainstream education. However, a group of people who attended a basic (beginners) course for sign language during the latter part of 2013 have completed that course and due to low numbers the next level may not begin. A certain number of people must register (12 people) before the course can begin.
    Because my profile is relatively new I cannot post in the Regional forum (Waterford).
    You would need to have the most basic level of sign language knowledge, i.e days of the week, explaining who you are etc.
    Please if you are interested in beginning this course please contact (051) 874053 - Waterford College of Further Education.
    Thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

As an Irish Sign Language user

Can you try ensure using "Irish Sign Language" because when you say 'sign language' - it is not clear which language you are talking about...

Susan

Hi all,
    Awareness of hearing difficulties in this country are barely recognised in our media and education of sign language has never become part of mainstream education. However, a group of people who attended a basic (beginners) course for sign language during the latter part of 2013 have completed that course and due to low numbers the next level may not begin. A certain number of people must register (12 people) before the course can begin.
    Because my profile is relatively new I cannot post in the Regional forum (Waterford).
    You would need to have the most basic level of sign language knowledge, i.e days of the week, explaining who you are etc.
    Please if you are interested in beginning this course please contact (051) 874053 - Waterford College of Further Education.
    Thankyou.

Advertisement