Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options similar to the LC

Options
  • 07-01-2014 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I had to leave school in September for medical reasons. I would have been doing my LC in June had things gone well. But I have had very poor attendance for years now and I was lucky to get a decent JC.
    Are there any options similar to the LC that I could do in September?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on how far into the Leaving Cert. course you got, you might get entry into some Post Leaving Cert. courses. Ring your local colleges and see.

Could your school not have arranged home schooling if there was a medical issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TrishaHarry

spurious wrote: »
    Depending on how far into the Leaving Cert. course you got, you might get entry into some Post Leaving Cert. courses. Ring your local colleges and see.

Could your school not have arranged home schooling if there was a medical issue?

The school was amazing, but I wanted to put my all into it. And nothing was resolved at the beginning of the year. I just didn't see the point in doing the LC this June and not doing very well because college is something I would like to do. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could go back and do the LC in 2015 and use the direct route into college in September 2015 or you could approach your local PLC colleges and see do they have FETAC Level 5 courses they will let you in on and use the FETAC route into college for September 2015.

You could go back and do the LC in 2015 and use the direct route into college in September 2015 or you could approach your local PLC colleges and see do they have FETAC Level 5 courses they will let you in on and use the FETAC route into college for September 2015.

Do you have to do level 4 before level 5? Thanks for the help, by the way.

Do you have to do level 4 before level 5? Thanks for the help, by the way.

Not always. The LC can be considered Level 5. It depends on the PLC college and the particular PLC course, but I know for a fact some of them take people who did not finish the LC.

• Advertisement

Not always. The LC can be considered Level 5. It depends on the PLC college and the particular PLC course, but I know for a fact some of them take people who did not finish the LC.

That's awesome! Thank you so much. :)

Advertisement