Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI to Div in

Options
  • 07-01-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭

So I just got a new monitor as a belated xmas present. Its full HD so a step up from my previous monitor. I am hoping to use it for my consoles as well as for the PC. That said I have noticed that there is only a Dvi-in and not HDMI. I can get a converter to allow me to plug in the monitor but I am wondering if there will be any sacrifice in graphical fidelity if I do so? I haven't taken the monitor out of the box so in theory I could take it back and and see if I can get a different one with HDMI input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

sarumite wrote: »
    So I just got a new monitor as a belated xmas present. Its full HD so a step up from my previous monitor. I am hoping to use it for my consoles as well as for the PC. That said I have noticed that there is only a Dvi-in and not HDMI. I can get a converter to allow me to plug in the monitor but I am wondering if there will be any sacrifice in graphical fidelity if I do so? I haven't taken the monitor out of the box so in theory I could take it back and and see if I can get a different one with HDMI input.

You lose sound, which can be a problem. You can get around it on a PS3 by getting a headset and putting the sound through that, possibly you can do the same for the 360.
    There should be no loss going from HDMI to DVI as DVI is made to handle bigger resolutions than 1080p. A cheap adapter might have problems, but I got one for €3 and it was fine.

Advertisement