Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Business looking for an affordable courier service

Options
  • 07-01-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I am in the process of setting up a business that will require moving our product from Dublin to different parts of Ireland. This could be anything from 20 a week to hopefully 500 a week. The parcel will size will be within the standard limits and around 20kg in weight.

Can anyone recommend a courier preferably someone who has used one for there business ? I guess the criteria I would require for the courier would be cost effective and reliable Goes without saying I guess :-)
    I have noticed that a lot of the courier rates are not available online especially if you have bigger volumes of parcels.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭OscarMike

Try DPD for Ireland and Gls to UK.

Those are our company choices as the price for a very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Startup_Paul

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I could not get rates for DPD online but I did find rates for Fastway -->
    http://www.fastway.ie/images/pricing/Jan-13/DUB_Rate_Schedule_130219.pdf

Do you know if these prices are competitive with DPD ?

Thanks

Paul

DPD

Price per Ctn
    ROI - €6.00
    NI - €6.50
    UK - €9.80

Thanks a lot for that. Is that rate volume based ? How many do you have to send per week to get that rate ?

Im not sure, but we have account with them. we send around 100 a week

• Advertisement

Thanks again ... ;) that looks like a good rate.. we would hope to get to that level but will be sending them national rather than local. Do you think that rate would still apply in this case ?

Also anyone else who can share there experiences with this ?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Fast way are franchised out. My old place used them and we could have ten or one hundred a week and we were just charged per package. They'll call everyday but if you've nothing for him ask to call the next day or just certain days. Call them.

Advertisement