Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone any feedback on this location?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hello,
    Currently looking into buying our first home and are unsure of some areas. First one is violet hill glasnevin? Next one is Griffith rd finglas east? Any advice very much appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

ANYONE???

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Both are pretty ok areas on the border between Glasnevin and old finglas. Older smallish houses in a very settled and mature area.

copacetic wrote: »
    Both are pretty ok areas on the border between Glasnevin and old finglas. Older smallish houses in a very settled and mature area.

Thank you copacetic :)
    Just nervous as know nothing about these areas and we have two young children so school and amenities are very nb. From what we've seen it's looks like quite a settled area but any advice very much welcomed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭custom900

Violet hill would be the better location. Nice mature settled area. There's an excellent girls' national school 200 yards up the road back towards the weather station (st Bridget's) and there' an educate together school round the corner. Excellent bus service, a few nice pubs close by and the Botanic Gardens are within easy walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

I lived in Violet Hill. Never any trouble while I was there. We even left the back door accidentally unlocked several times while we were away and the house remained untouched. Its a nice mature and peaceful estate although it has been a few years since I was there.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys :) so you don't think Griffith rd (cul de sac end) is a runner??

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

As noted above Violet hill is a smaller, more settled estate not as closely linked to the cheaper areas of Finglas. So there is nothing wrong with Griffith road, but you are closer to cheaper areas and slightly more potential for anti social behaviour.

I'd have thought it would want to be a bit cheaper to buy there.

Advertisement