Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever feel an entity following you?

Options
  • 07-01-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

It mostly happens at night time. I can sense this "presence" if you want to call it that following me, almost beside me everywhere I go. The odd time you can see it from the corner of your eye.

Has anyone else experienced something similar this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

whats an entity?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stephan1

A presence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

christmas is over pal - deccys came down today

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

stephan1 wrote: »

It mostly happens at night time. I can sense this "presence" if you want to call it that following me, almost beside me everywhere I go. The odd time you can see it from the corner of your eye.

It could be just a shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

If you acknowledge it , it will start asking "Miss me?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

I do not know if this applies here but I heard that sometimes this can be caused by electromagnetic fields from sources such as wiring behind walls, electric clock radios etc An EMF meter that can be purchase cheaply enough on-line can detect excessive electromagnetic fields. Worth checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

What exactly are you seeing from the corner of your eye? It sounds more like you might need an eye/peripheral vision test than anything paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kimoshea

The day after an investigation I felt a presence in the back seat of my car while I was driving home from work. I laughed and told the presence that they wouldn't see any action in the back of my car so they might as well go back to where they came from. Never felt anything after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

It has been reported to be caused by the prevalence of rod photoreceptors in the periphery of our retina, nothing paranormal about it unfortunately.

More info on photoreceptor cells here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoreceptor_cell

• Advertisement

After spending the night in Charleville Castle on an open investigation I had flickering lights started and furniture moving in my rented home. Worst thing was ( my eldest was 6 months in the room next door) was deafening bang. My wife had just left the baby's room and I was on the way to meet her. The noise sounded like 2 foot in front of us. We got blessed crucifixes in front and back of house and the activity ceased immediately. Contagion from a reputedly haunted site ? ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

After spending the night in Charleville Castle on an open investigation I had flickering lights started and furniture moving in my rented home. Worst thing was ( my eldest was 6 months in the room next door) was deafening bang. My wife had just left the baby's room and I was on the way to meet her. The noise sounded like 2 foot in front of us. We got blessed crucifixes in front and back of house and the activity ceased immediately. Contagion from a reputedly haunted site ? ......

That right there is why I wouldn't go to a 'known' haunted house. I don't want to take the chance of anything following or attaching itself to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Johnny_Be_Goode made a good point about the possibility of electromagnetic field energy being responsible for the 'presence' you felt. I would add general electrical energy to that as well. Are there any pylons erected near your home, by any chance? Definitely worth checking all that out.

I have felt presences around myself, that I couldn't find an explanation for, in the past. More often than not, this happened in places where, for years beforehand (and afterwards), I felt fcuk all. In more uncommon cases, I've been to places on repeated occasions, where I always felt someone (something?) around me every time. Some of those places had long shut off their electricity, water, heating, etc., and did not have the presence of overhead or nearby pylons, or otherwise. Was left scratching my head, tbh. :confused:

Sometimes, where the latter cases were concerned, I would feel like I'd brought something home with me, but I eventually just chalked that down to my imagination and soon forgot all about it. :) I never concluded that my feeling those presences was invalid in itself though - not to sound all defensive now (because I don't mean it like that), but I know for certain myself what I definitely sensed/sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PHIRE

happened to me, after a bad ghost investigation. very strange things happened to me and rest of the crew. objects like plates moving across tables while looking at them. bangs in bedrooms, doors opening, sounds of someone coming up the stairs at nite.
    so yeh ghosts can attached themselves to a person or object

Another (funny / odd !?) incidence after Charleville visit was my car that I went to Charleville castle in smelt like a pub for two days afterwards (the smell of booze was very powerful). No beer/spits (couldn't resist it!) spilt by me in the car (or anywhere else). Only alternative was someone gaining entry into the car during the night drinking etc etc and left and closed the central locking before leaving. Possible but very very unlikely. Also during the two days the central locking was going berserk and more importantly / worryingly the child door safety lock was playing up suddenly. Only when I put a blessed St Benedict's medal in the car two days later did the odours cease completely and the electrics worked properly thereafter [immediately after placing the medal in]. The was at the time that the house had the banning sounds, flickering lights and furniture moving (sounds) etc. That seemed to stop immediately also as I also put blessed St Benedict medals and crucifix at front and back doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Another (funny / odd !?) incidence after Charleville visit was my car that I went to Charleville castle in smelt like a pub for two days afterwards (the smell of booze was very powerful). No beer/spits (couldn't resist it!) spilt by me in the car (or anywhere else). Only alternative was someone gaining entry into the car during the night drinking etc etc and left and closed the central locking before leaving. Possible but very very unlikely. Also during the two days the central locking was going berserk and more importantly / worryingly the child door safety lock was playing up suddenly. Only when I put a blessed St Benedict's medal in the car two days later did the odours cease completely and the electrics worked properly thereafter [immediately after placing the medal in]. The was at the time that the house had the banning sounds, flickering lights and furniture moving (sounds) etc. That seemed to stop immediately also as I also put blessed St Benedict medals and crucifix at front and back doors.

That's very strange. I was just thinking back now to pinpoint any possibly, similarly strange goings-on after I visited the castle, but I can't recall anything out-of-the-ordinary. I've often heard about people experiencing strange happenings after being in 'haunted' places -- from feeling a ghost has followed them home, to having sudden functional issues with previously fully functional/new electronic/digital gadgets, e.g. mobile phone. It doesn't seem to be uncommon, though I haven't experienced anything of that nature myself (thankfully).

Johnny Be Goode, have you experienced strange post-visit stuff similar to the Charleville Castle incidents elsewhere before? And how did you feel when you were actually inside the castle before all that stuff kicked off?

Thanks Mr MR, yeah it was a weird experience in Charleville Castle that time …. there were a lot of members from different paranormal groups there if I remember correctly, in the morning I had an overwhelming desire to leave (people were kind and friendly so it wasn't a personal thing!!!!) , that morning also I had a really creepy feeling. Also, at the seance earlier that morning at the vigil, in the 'freemason' library the medium and the glass were saying the 'spirits' disliked me and wanted me to go. Have video and sound recording of the seance labeled and indexed etc. Listening to the recording at the stairwell there was an eerie scream that wasn't heard when we were there but when I tried to replay it It wasn't there at the marker. Playing the tape with the screech on it was the same time frame as the weird things started to happen around the house and car…. Must re-listen to the tape again to see if I can find it again at my office in town so as there would be no fear or 'triggering' anything back home! Also, my wife would be mmmmaaaddddd …..!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have some thoughts on this whole thing of entities following you home. You can take em, or leave em, but here they are anyway. The attachment phenomenon is something I dont have much time for, and this is why:

If spooks were of the habit of latching on to investigators, you would imagine that over time, Charleville (or any other haunted location) would run out of ghosts, as they would all have left to go live with ghost hunters! :)

I feel that the thing that prevents most dwelling places from being 'haunted' is that they are lived in, full of life, noise, people, music. Charleville and other places are quiet, lonely, relatively undisturbed and spooky. There is nothing to shake up stagnant air and energy*. Investigators are, by definition, psyched up to expect spooky things, they are open to them when they visit these places. My theory on it is that a combination of visiting an environment with an odd atmosphere, whilst in a state of nervous expectation (whether conscious or not) leads to people going home and having odd things happen. Like when you rub certain fabrics they become statically charged, so too do these people, not with entities, but with a kind of nervous energy that pings off the walls of their own place when they get home. I'm not saying it is something imagined at all, but I do wonder if what is going on is completely misunderstood. 'Hauntings' in the traditional sense belong in a place, and it makes no sense to me that they would wander home with random people.

Fear has a lot to do with it too. If I watch a horror film I am a lot more likely to feel spooked getting in my car afterwards, and think something is watching me. So you cant deny that investigating creepy places will leave you in more wary state afterwards, where small occurrances take on greater significance.

I dont want to insult anyone by suggesting that anything they have experienced is imagined, but to suggest an alternate way of looking at it. Is this psychic energy coming from me?

*Using this for want of a better term.

If you believe in the possibility of paranormal occurrences, and accept this possibility as part of life's sweet mysteries then you maybe more likely to experience unusual/unexplained events? I don't mean blindly gullible but just open to the premise that these things do happen. The 'hows' and 'whys' theses things happen are not know and orthodox science may never be able to explain them.

There is a view that a sensitive / psychic (even if the subject doesn't believe that he or she is) present in a reputedly haunted house can 'trigger' additional phenomenon that were not experienced before. e.g. in a location where a non-responsive apparition is reported that strange noises/objects moving can start in that sensitive's presence.

The reverse might be true also that a visit to an alleged haunted house could trigger a sensitive/psychic's latent ability and experience the paranormal at another location(s). Could these theories explain the sudden onset of the creepy feeling that 'an entity is following you …. ' or worse(!?) …. JBG

• Advertisement
Advertisement