Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy question but I really need a parent's advice.

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My Dad says I can't get my ears pierced until I'm 15. My Ma (they're divorced) is happy to take me but I'm going to wait it out because I just don't want to disrespect him like that.

Anyway my little sister (half sister) has been told she has to wait until she's 11 to get hers done. I might be wrong but I think my Ma and stepdad would be happy to let her but I think they are just saying no to be fair to me because she'll be 11 about 2 weeks after I'm 15.

You think I'd be being too bold if I tell them I'd be happy for her so if I am the reason she isn't allowed they know I'd be cool with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not at all, just let them know that even though you have to wait that if they are happy to let her have hers done early then that's fine.

You seem like a very mature teenager :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think that you sound mature and if you think it will cause family rifts i would wait , I think that it is very nice of you to tell them that you do not mind your sister getting hers done.

Advertisement