Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used cars in Waterford

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, hope admin/mods don't mind me putting this here.
    I'm looking for a good 2nd hand car dealer in Waterford if possible. Have approx 4-5k to spend so want to avoid the private sale route if possible.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

A few around. Try Eddie Gary http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-bmw-318-petrol-bargain/6130239 and http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-citroen-c5-2-0-hdi-diesel/6130328. he has all his cars on donedeal.ie.
    Also try the motors forums and tell them want you want for your money. Example family cat or just the dreaded low tax.
    Happy hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

theres a few dodgy "dealers" after springing up around lately!
    just make sure if your going to a dealer that the're SIMI registered or else you will have no handy comeback if your sold a bogey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

theres a few dodgy "dealers" after springing up around lately!
    just make sure if your going to a dealer that the're SIMI registered or else you will have no handy comeback if your sold a bogey.

SIMI membership is no guarantee of anything. It's a lobby group for the motor industry and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

SIMI membership is no guarantee of anything. It's a lobby group for the motor industry and nothing else.

This is true actually. I once was sold a dodgy car by a SIMI registered main dealer in Waterford and SIMI ended up being little help other than to slow everything down. It took more robust persuasion on my part to resolve things and get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

While i am in favour of shopping local, i just out of the market for a car, waterford is dreadful for used cars, selection is terrible.... Sad to say but Dublin is place to go... Garages have 400 plus cars on lots....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Cheers, have been told of a few garages, Fogartys, atlantic autos in tramore and farrells, had a look at farrells and they seem to have a lot of newer stock out of my budget.
    Any idea's on the others mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

pascal powers in glenmore

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

copperhead wrote: »
    pascal powers in glenmore

Is that not a scrapyard?

Advertisement