Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert at home

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently in my last year of school but due to certain reasons I'm finding it very difficult to stay in school. I know I have to finish my leaving cert, Would it be possible for me to revise at home for the Remaining 17 weeks and still sit my exams in my current school? How would this 'homeschooling' work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It works really well if you're willing to put in the work.
    But you'd need to speak to the principal as soon as you can.
    Hope things work out well for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure your school doesn't think you've left. You may have to enter yourself as an external candidate for the exams.

If your reasons for not being able to go in are medical, you may be able to get a visiting teacher, but as suggested, talk to your Principal as these things all take time to organise.

Advertisement