Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roche Group - RTB Scheme

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    does know or heard about their rent to buy scheme? Any happy or unhappy customers?
    Just found it, for us it would be a perfect way to get a house. Currently we are already paying a mortgage in different country so getting that 8% would take ages. That solution would be perfect.
    Any opinions are appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Read up on other RTB schemes on here before you make any decisions. Not one that has been mentioned turned out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The problem with RTB schemes is that it is the developer setting the price that you are then locked into. You will invariably end up paying more for your home on a RTB scheme than you would if you had of if you saved up the deposit in the first place. If you're comfortable with that then go for it, but don't for one minute fall for the sales pitch that you are getting some kind of amazing deal from the developer, because you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do NOT sign anything or pay any money without speaking to your own solicitor (NOT one recommended by anyone associated with a vendor or estate agent).

Banks will NOT recognise any payment under a Rent to Buy scheme as part of a 'deposit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Are they so bad? Hmm to be honest that really bad to hear for me. Me and my wife are thinking about staying here, so getting a house would be a next step, but as i mentioned, we are already paying one mortgage so saving that 8% would be really hard in this or maybe even next year. Something like that would be perfect.
    I tried to call them to get some more details, like price etc. But unfortunate they did change the number, kinda makes me think thats first strike.
    Im aware that house with that scheme could have higher price tag then normal in area, but I would be willing to pay that extra if the house was worth it. Even the 100% mortgage would be great for us, but unfortunate they are not available anymore.
    Thanks for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Are they so bad?
    I have no knowledge of that particular group, more that such schemes aren't as good as you might think.
    I tried to call them to get some more details, like price etc. But unfortunate they did change the number, kinda makes me think thats first strike.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement