Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Swim

Options
  • 06-01-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Galway Bay Swim or would consider doing it, I am interested in taking it on in preparation for the 10km swim down the Dart river in Devon in September.

http://www.galwaybayswim.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gkennedy

I done it a couple of years ago 13 km open sea , Dart is 10 k lake

Sponsorship required Min € 500

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Dart 10k is a river, turns out I am going to have to join a swimming club for the Galway Bay Swim, sure Ill see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭martin6651

It is not necessary to join a club to do the swim. One of the organizers can get you registered with Swim Ireland to cover you for the swim if not already a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

I contacted swim Ireland and they said that I would have to join a swim club. I may get in touch with my local pool and see if I can organise it through that I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

biomed32 wrote: »
    I contacted swim Ireland and they said that I would have to join a swim club. I may get in touch with my local pool and see if I can organise it through that I guess

i had to get a swim ireland number last year for taking part in some masters galas. they allowed me join and i paid about 15 euro which was a straight pass on of the swim ireland membership fee which was sound of them. i then swam under their name but was only a member in name.

• Advertisement

You will also have to provide a cover boat which will have to be a rib.

Registration opened for this swim last night on the Frances Thornton facebook page if any one is interested.

Advertisement