Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you practice?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Was having a conversation with a fellow singing friend recently and we both said it's an utter pain in the arse rehearsing vocals. Certainly for me in my old house share, I remember having to effectively sing into a pillow.:pac: My friend who is married and only lives with her husband says even she finds it a bit cringeworthy rehearsing in her house.

Where do you all practice your vocals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭LeBash

Rehersal room.

The building next to me is some form of health clinic and one of the girls there comes in early 2 days a week and practices. Wonder if she knows im listening in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

College/my bedroom. I was practicing for an exam there on Monday morning in one of the rehearsal rooms, and I could hear the piano exam going on next door. It's a bit of a **** setup, I was running through endless scales and arpeggios and listening in to some guy next door doing a similar thing, and I'm sure it does the examiner nor student no favours to hear that going on.

I've had a couple of housemates mention that they could hear singing and asked if it was me, but it doesn't bother me too much, having other people hear me learning repertoire.
    It mightn't be very current material, but I know I do a good job of it, so fk them if it bothers them. I'm not doing it late at night or early in the morning, so I can't see a case for people giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 areidy

I lived in an estate for a few years and was never confident enough to practice at home so the only practice i had was with the band at rehearsals!! I never made any progression. In the last year i moved to the country and practice about 2 hours a day safe in the knowledge no-one can hear me... made huge strides in the past few months:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

2 hours a day!
    I'd be doing well to manage 2 hours a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's been a while since I've taking singing in any way seriously, but I used to just practice in the living room. It might bother me if I knew someone could hear me, but I always just pretended they couldn't. Had a couple of comments from people who heard me through the window, but they were always positive. I doubt if anyone would be bothered unless you're really terrible, or doing it at an ungodly hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

to and from work in the car each day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

For lyrics I print them off and stick them to the outside of the shower door facing inward. Great way for me to learn. Once I know a song I rarely practice it much afterward. We would preform at least once a week so that normally keeps it fresh and in my head.

Advertisement