Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Agree GTC

Options
  • 06-01-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

I'm thinking about purchasing either the GTC Pro or GTC Compact.

I was just wondering if anyone here owns one of the above and what do they think of it?

Also from reading some forums online - the above model seems to be prone to frame failure? has anyone had any issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

What spec? A friend of mine has the gtc pro with full ultegra and fulcrum racing 5 wheels, the wheels let it down a little bit imo, but otherwise it is a lovely bike and really nice quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

Pro is full 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur and Aksium wheels. Price €1250

Compact is full Tiagra and Shimano 501 wheelset. Price €1150

I'd spend the extra 100 fella, any links?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have the 2012 Agree GTC which came with 105 parts. Great bike I have ridden it though 2 Gaelforce Wests, a WAR and commuted 40k round trip a day on it 3-4 days a week and never had a problem. Ive come off a few times and bike has taken it without complaining. Looks great 2 years on. I changed out the bar tape (for 2 colour tape like the current models, looks great), brake callipers (came with low end Shimano not 105) and I could do with a new saddle.

• Advertisement

For the extra fue quid i would go for the pro, both good looking bikes but the pro has the hidden cables in the handlebars and better componants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Got a 2013 agree gtc pro myself.... very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Got the gtc pro compact 2011, great bike and just upgraded the wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 15 slotts

Really like to look of the Cube Agree GTC SL but have heard that the frame doesn't stand up to test of time. For €2000 approx would the Trek Madone 4.5. E a better option???

Advertisement