Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC siren query

Options
  • 06-01-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi All

All My siren's blue lights are doing funny patterns and fading a little sometimes,

1. I assume the battery(s) are on their way out?

2. Should this not register a fault on the control panel? If I did not spot the light fading I could have been without a siren?

3. Does anyone know the battery(s) code so I can have them got for when I get out the ladder.

4. Can I put my alarm/keypad into a 'service mode' that it will not be tripped when I removed the cover or is it different to a PIR?. I have engineers code!

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

1. No necessarily LEDs fade over time. How long is the system in?
    2. Not if the case is as I suggested above?
    3. Again its unlikely to need a battery.
    4. Engineer mode will stop the alarm triggering when the removed, however the external bell will still sound .

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

System will not be three years in until April, all I this eve is one faint LED flashing, not 'moving back and over'....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like a faulty SAB the battery in that should be fine & anyway its powered by the panel as well.

Thanks for that, the siren box it self?, I have two and the faulty one is on my garage, its there to let the bad guys know the garage is alarmed as well as the house!. We had unwanted visitors pre alarm, so anything to put them off visiting us again, so if the outside sounder is faulty I would probably replace!!

Its a very short time for it to go in. If you are looking for a high profile bell to replace it I'd recommend the Pyronix Delta Bell.

DeltaBellE_PLUS.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks very much koolkid for all the info. Yes it is and I was told at the time HKC was a good one. Would it be easy to sync a new siren to my alarm?

Yes.That bellbox will work fine with your system.

Sorry Koolkid, will I be able to program a new alarm box to my alarm easily?

Thank you

Sorry is your bell wireless?

No, there is a wire going into the back of it...

• Advertisement

clogher71 wrote: »
    No, there is a wire going into the back of it...
    Then any a bell will work. No programming required.

Thanks Koolkid....

No bother. If you need any more help with it you know where we are.

Advertisement