Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing: One Bukkit. Last seen: NEVER.

Options
  • 06-01-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm so happy for the FTB people, it's wonderful how you can play together on the server...

On the other hand the Vanilla Crowd, i.e. ME, are waiting not so patiently for the flippin' bukkit release!

Why can't Mojang just collaborate with the Craft Bukkit group on their releases?! Then there would be none of this faffing about with <insert goofy voice here> 'Uh... um... Mojang completed changed the code, now we're stuck'.

I grow weary of your excuses Evil Seph.

MOAN MOAN MOAN.

The end.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I really feel for Seph and the team. Mojang could be helping them given the value that Bukkit ads to Minecraft and who knows, maybe they are, but as I've said before, they should just hire them, buy Bukkit and make it an official add-on.

It's frustrating though, I'd love to start playing again and there's way too much "stuff" in FTB for me to get my head around - I've never even made potions in Vanilla yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

To be fair, how long has the FTB community (Not just here but in general) been asking for a 1.6.4 update, Bukkit is usually pretty quick with Vanilla. Patience ;)

play FTB as vanilla? ;) You'd be surprised how easy it is to start wrapping your head around things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Shiminay wrote: »
    they should just hire them, buy Bukkit and make it an official add-on.
    Didn't they already hire Dinnerbone though? Still this being slow at updating carry-on continues.
    The Snipe wrote: »
    play FTB as vanilla? ;) You'd be surprised how easy it is to start wrapping your head around things.
    It really isn't. I can do Tekkit, both classic and the new one just fine, but FTB has so many different mods it's just a mind-bender. The ores and biomes it adds alone is enough for me not to like it, Tekkit only adds a few from thermal expansion and 1 from qcraft, but with FTB there's so many it becomes hard even trying to learn about them

Advertisement