Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extractor fan/window in downstairs toilet?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering should there be a vent/window/extraction fan in the toilet under the stairs. I'm renting and there was an extraction fan before I moved in but it's been removed and filled with expanding foam.

What are my rights or do I have any wen I'm renting. In other words, by law, should there be a vent/window/extraction fan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I'm just wondering should there be a vent/window/extraction fan in the toilet under the stairs. I'm renting and there was an extraction fan before I moved in but it's been removed and filled with expanding foam.

What are my rights or do I have any wen I'm renting. In other words, by law, should there be a vent/window/extraction fan?

Yes, windows or extractor fan afaik. Without either I dont think it meets standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

djimi wrote: »
    Yes, windows or extractor fan afaik. Without either I dont think it meets standards.

Do u no of a right I can quote to my landlord do he will do this for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

try here

http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad,19428,en.pdf

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP, I've split your thread out - please try not to hijack threads that are not related to your query.

Morri

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1993/en/si/0147.html#zzsi147y1993a9

Section 9 part (3)
    3) Every bathroom, washroom and watercloset used, or intended for use, by the tenant of the house, other than a watercloset entered directly from the external air, shall have an effective means of ventilation directly to the external air, either by means of a window having an openable area of not less than 1,000 square centimetres or by means of mechanical extract ventilation capable of extracting at a rate of not less than 15 litres per second.

• Advertisement
Advertisement