Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Masters gala in March.

Options
  • 06-01-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

Dear Masters Swimmers,

Limerick Masters SC are proud to announce that the Irish Open Long Course Masters Championships 2014 will be held at the University Arena 50m Swimming Pool, on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd March 2014.
    Again this year we are offering as full a programme of events as possible with the 1500M on the Sunday morning, following a full days swimming on the Saturday. The closing date for the receipt of all entries is Friday the 14th Feburary 2014. Details of the gala entertainments will be announced in the near future when details have been arranged and confirmed. We hope to be able to offer all competitors the events they wish to enter but due to time constraints and entry numbers, we may have to limit the number of competitors and heats in some events. I look forward to welcoming you all back to Limerick City for this the premier Masters Swimming event in 2014.

Gala Information Pack:
    http://limerickmasters.com/?page_id=35

Take time to fill in your entry form and post to:

Gala Organiser
    Limerick Masters SC
    1 Aisling Court,
    Brickhill West,
    Cratloe, Co Clare

Entry Form:
    http://limerickmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/LC-Irish-Open-Masters-Championship-2014-Individual-Entry.pdf

or alternatively visit https://eventmaster.ie/ and book on-line after the 10th January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Did this last year, it's a brilliant event and very well organised in what is a stunning facility. I'm looking forward to taking part again this year. I'm in no way afiliated to this in case it sounds that way either :-)
    Thank you organisers for putting on such a good show in a time when many events are not running this year.
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Freddio

@banjobongo, is the program being published beforehand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Freddio wrote: »
    @banjobongo, is the program being published beforehand ?

its on our website:

http://limerickmasters.com/?page_id=35

banjobongo wrote: »

Sorry, I meant the program with the entries and seed times

got one last year anyways so prob will get one again this year. good old reading in advance!!

• Advertisement

Everybody that has entered will receive an email with the full programme including all entries for each event. If you have entered already, you should have received this by now. if you have not already entered and you still wish to register for the gala, it might be too late by now, but PM me before 6pm today and I will check with the powers that be!

Thanks banjobongo, can't wait till the weekend

272 swimmers from 51 swim clubs, it's a big one. fair play to organisers on getting so many down.
    it's a really well run event, very smooth and well organised, looking forward to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Did the seed times ever come out? I couldn't see them on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

What time is warm-up on Saturday morning?

Well, how did everyone do?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Got a gold in the 400m FC and silver in 200m FC.
    Still don't like racing in a 50m pool, can't pace myself right :mad:

Gold In 1500.

Got a time of 1.21 for the fly leg of the relay which was surprising as Ive never done that distance/stroke before.

There should be more Galas on the calendar that do all events like Limerick do . .

Well done lads

well done lads. missed this with a cold, pain in the arse but what can a man do! i really enjoyed it last year the organisers do a great job credit where it's due.

Well done Oran and Freddio!

as a member of the Limerick Masters but not on the committee, can I say a sincere and heartfelt thanks for everything, I helped out in a small way at lunch time on Saturday and it made me realise that all aspects of a gala that you take for granted only happen because of people freely giving up their precious time.
    Much appreciated and ye did a great job lads, well done!

Advertisement