Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spey line and reel, advice pls

Options
  • 06-01-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I got a 13 #9 rod for xmas, and am looking forwrd to using it.

Can someone recommend a good line and reel to use with it please? something mid range would suffice.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

I bought a line a couple of years ago; from Jock Monte; multey tip it cost around a hundred Euro, a bit expensive but well worth it, it’s the only line I use ;up to may ‘after that if there a flood’ I will use it again

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyfish anywhere

Get yourself a vision deep reel, great for the money. For a line I always recommend a Skagit for their versatility in different conditions. Guideline triple density lines are very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

thanks guys, i ended up going with the Rio scandi versi tips and got a lend of a Hardy reel ( so i can wait a while a get a good quality one for myself). I'll need lessons on my casting but other that i'm quite happy with the set up. Lets hope it'll work for me this season....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Get yourself a vision deep reel, great for the money..

They are a cracking reel and rated for saltwater too. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

SeaFields wrote: »
    They are a cracking reel and rated for saltwater too. Great value.

I'll take a look at them so thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

13 foot 9wt, maybe something like a snowbee 2d floating line might suit.

Advertisement