Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Salesman Career?

Options
  • 06-01-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello, how ya doing?

didn't know where to post this Question, but i though this side of the Forum is most suitable for my question, if not i be pleased if a Mod moved it to a more Relevant section. Thanks in advance :D

Now, to me seeking the directions to Amarillo hopefully from somebody or many bodies, any Guidance will help my way.

My Question is, where will i go about about becoming an apple product salesman which is my first priority (2nd being a Computer Salesman)
    im not even sure if it exists as to my mind pictures.
    In Dublin would be perfect as i dont have a car to get my far at the moment.
    Not expecting to be handed a fulltime job so any Part time/Internship would be brilliant
    Also what Qualification would i need?

You want to work with Computers and you can't even use Google?
    I have searched on google and have have found things that to a degree match my questions, but google can't use Logic and Knowledge unlike a human mind can. like Someone with experience or knows this neck of the woods can. so thats why im asking here :D

Why Preferably the Apple Market, and not Microsoft ect?
    A Microsoft one will be great help too, but will need to train more on it, so im fully confident i know what to sell to someone interested with as a high as a knowledge as you guys.

What? You didn't answer the Question
    Sorry :P trying to be thorough as possible.
    The reason i prefere Apple products, is
    1) I love them, first computer was a Mac (2nd hand of course) back when i was 14, being with them ever since (23 now), from Macbook to Ipads (cant afford an Iphone lol)
    I just love there design or how friendly they can be (Most of the time)
    2) I have alot of Experience and Qualification with Mac Hardware and Software.
    from completed courses with Music Production, Film Production, Animation,Editing and doing workshops on teaching kids the basics of Macs and Creative Media.

Thats all well and dandy but your going to need more than knowing how to use a few Applications
    Very True. i have a decent Qualification on IT itself, im Microsoft Certified and mostly distinctions in IT Security.
    Waiting on my Results to come in paper so i can Start this online IT Sec+ course, and im also planing on doing a Network focus course too.
    Still a lot of room to learn on the Microsoft side of things, but will get there
    P.S im not Igranant to Microsoft products like Windows in General, i do run Windows 7 on VirtualBox or Bootcamp depending on how CPU focused the project/need is i am doing.

Why are you asking yourself questions from third persons perspective
    Very good good question, we need more people like you!
    lol joking aside, im trying to be as detailed it is that im asking, so it make it easier (Hopefully)for the good person who points me to my way.
    hope it doesn't look like a brag question, i have nothing to brag about yet, sure im still using my 2009 IMac (Maybe next Xmas i get a new one)

So what im basically asking is

-Is there such thing as Apple Saleman and if there is what do i need and how do i go about one?
    -If theres not what do i do about becoming a Microsoft Salesman and how do i go about it
    -Whats the closest thing to what i seeking, i love Computers and understand them easily and i love talking to people so i thought this is the job for me

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post

Thank you, Sorry for long post
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

You could try applying to Apple Retail Stores (none in ROI, closest one in Belfast) or failing that authorised resellers near where you live (places that sell Apple products think Curry's/Euronics/PC World etc.)

Otherwise if you'd consider moving down to Cork, the contact centre for the Apple Online store has telesales/chat positions that come up every now and again. Normally vacancies are advertised on https://jobs.apple.com

Caveat with the last option being that they would look for previous retail/telesales experience.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think your barking up the wrong tree. You could probably do with working on being a good salesman, then work towards one of the tech companies with experience. Working in a reseller or tech shop is no different then a normal retail job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think your barking up the wrong tree. You could probably do with working on being a good salesman, then work towards one of the tech companies with experience. Working in a reseller or tech shop is no different then a normal retail job.

+1 OP I think you don't understand how the retail business works, you're grossly over-qualified for that work. You'd be surprised but the owner of an Apple store would probably prefer someone whose head was less cluttered with the techie stuff.

Getting knee-deep in features and details is not what they want on the shop floor - sales skills and technical know-how are usually mutually exclusive. Most of the best IT sales people I've known have very little technical knowledge of the products they are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

coylemj wrote: »
    they want on the shop floor - sales skills and technical know-how are usually mutually exclusive. Most of the best IT sales people I've known have very little technical knowledge of the products they are selling.

Yep, for example at the level I'm at now I sit in meetings with the salesman who bring in a SME(subject matter expert), a person who develops the product or a high level Architect/Support person. They answer the questions I ask, then go back work and the Saleman sits there waiting to talk money/quantity with somebody who isn't me. My manager has done this with me on many a occasion too, saves him having to read up past the basics.

Advertisement