Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science courses?

Options
  • 05-01-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Don't really know if this is the right place to post this :/
    Anyways I'm fully sure what course I want and it's between physio, occupational therapy and podiatry and I'm just wondering if anybody knows any science courses in around the 400 point mark that I can put on my cao incase I don't get the points that will lead me into the physio/ occ therapy/ podiatry courses after I have one year done? My career guidance councillor is useless so any help would be highly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Thank you :) could you get into a science course easily after just doing one year of general science?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Taken from http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/coursedetail.php?course_id=18422#.UssQMbS6Z0k

This course is for students interested in Science but are not yet sure which Science discipline they wish to pursue.

The programme is designed to give participants a broad science education in first year that will allow the maximum possible choice in future years. After successful completion of year 1 of Science (General Entry), students can then transfer into Year 2 of one of the 9 participating Level 8 Programmes in DIT. The programmes that the student can transfer into are:

1. DT203 BSc (Hons) Forensic & Environmental Chemistry

2. DT221 BSc (Hons) Physics with Energy and Environment†

3. DT222 BSc (Hons) Physics Technology

4. DT227 BSc (Hons) Science with Nanotechnology*

5. DT235 BSc (Hons) Physics with Medical Physics & Bioengineering

6. DT299T BSc (Hons) Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry

7. DT422 BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Healthcare

8. DT420 BSc (Hons) Nutraceuticals in Health and Nutrition

9. DT421 BSc (Hons) Food Innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Thank you so much :D if you know of any in galway too I'd like to hear about them :)

Advertisement