Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Motley Fool

Options
  • 05-01-2014 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Been receiving plenty of emails lately from TMF about its discounted Share Advisor/Tips services etc. Although prices can rise/fall it claims its 2013 tips outperformed the market (FTSE) x2 !

Anyone current/previous MTF subscriber care to share any experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Been receiving plenty of emails lately from TMF about its discounted Share Advisor/Tips services etc. Although prices can rise/fall it claims its 2013 tips outperformed the market (FTSE) x2 !

Anyone current/previous MTF subscriber care to share any experience?

Are there no MTF subscribers on Boards? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I'm a fool ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I entered my email address recently to see what stock they were pushing.
    It was CAMP on the Nasdaq. CalAmp...
    At the time - a few days ago it was just over $27, today at $29.23.
    The company is in the area known as the internet of everything. I rather keep my money in Google at present and hope Apple improves....but will watch this stock with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

RobertKK wrote: »
    I entered my email address recently to see what stock they were pushing.
    It was CAMP on the Nasdaq. CalAmp...
    At the time - a few days ago it was just over $27, today at $29.23.
    The company is in the area known as the internet of everything. I rather keep my money in Google at present and hope Apple improves....but will watch this stock with interest.

A while back I received a free report in which 6 FTSE income generating (divi paying) shares were recommended and included:

Glaxo
    National Grid
    Unilever
    Vodafone
    Tesco (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A while back I received a free report in which 6 FTSE income generating (divi paying) shares were recommended and included:

Glaxo
    National Grid
    Unilever
    Vodafone
    Tesco (?)

All very solid companies. CalAmp who they recommended is up over 4% today and more than 10% over the last few days.
    I think I will look at the Motley Fool more carefully, after this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Leinster D

Does anyone else have any comments on Motley Fool.

Very much a beginner to investing in shares and ETFs and recently opened up a Degiro account.

Any comments on MF and their monthly stock tips for US stock for long term growth and hot tips to buy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I enjoy their podcasts but I'm not a member.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

TMF are around a long time.

Many tipsheets come and go. Those that persevere must be right more often than wrong.

Apart from that I know nothing

Advertisement