Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on rent allowance and previous landlord reference

Options
  • 05-01-2014 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello I recently got accepted for rent allowance living in limerick city so my limit is €500 , I have seen quite a few places for rent that accept it but are looking for previous landlord reference which I do not have as I live at home with my newborn daughter and also are looking for deposit and first months rent from what I understand the city council help towards the deposit but I honestly cannot afford to give first month rent or even ask for help towards one I could give half 250 is there anything I can do to help my chances towards renting

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Clarbar I would strongly suggest that you hold off renting until you have saved the first months rent and deposit. It is always a good idea to have at least a months rent in savings.
    Also as you have no previous landlord references asking for an arrangement from the get go would make you even less desirable as a tenant and you may find that landlords won't entertain that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have to concur with The_Morrigan.
    Get your deposit and your month's rent organised and be prepared to pay them on day 1. Starting out in arrears- doesn't bode well for either you or your prospective landlord- and should be avoided.

Advertisement