Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247NWG only 32 custom NAT services

Options
  • 04-01-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Title says it all. Is there any way around this limit or would it be time to look into getting different router?

If it is the case that I should get a different router could anyone suggest one that does not have a custom port forwarding cap and has better wireless signal than my current one but won't cost me a fortune?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

If you're needing more than 32 you need a better router, they're a terrible POS router

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

2247s are little workhorses IMO. Very long working life for ISP gear. That said, they're ancient and underpowered nowadays.

Get something that supports Tomato or DD-WRT if you're interested in having full control OP, but most modern routers will allow more forwards than you could ever need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

ED E wrote: »
    2247s are little workhorses IMO. Very long working life for ISP gear. That said, they're ancient and underpowered nowadays.

Get something that supports Tomato or DD-WRT if you're interested in having full control OP, but most modern routers will allow more forwards than you could ever need.

Or even better a Mikrotik

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

No idea what all that means but I'll look into it. I'm not looking for something that's going to cost me over €50 but yes, I'd like as much control as possible. Preferably over forwarding, being able to ban IPs based on mac address or ban things such as individual websites would be a nice plus too.

Main thing is the forwarding and the wireless signal strength but I could compromise on the wireless quality and pick up some home plugs instead if I got a better quality router.

Main reason for using the 2247 so long as I have is that I've got plenty of spare ones which people have given me and I know my way around it like the back of my hand.

Advertisement