Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could any one help me out

Options
  • 04-01-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was awarded D\ A in first week off December after waiting 15 months wile waiting I was getting 100euro a week off the c\w cause I'm only 21 ,,now iv been awarded i Will be getting 188 starting from next week,, in the letter it said arrears would be back dated for the 15 months,, would that be the extra 88 euro each week for the 15 months if so how long is the wait for arrears after payments been put in to place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martiik

I think you're right that you will get arrears for the difference of 88 euro per week from the time of your original claim (15 months if that's how long it took). I have had dealings with Social Welfare (is it the Dept of Social Protection? ) plenty of times in the past as my son has a disability and despite the fact that a lot of people complain about them I was always treated very fairly when making a claim. Based on my experience I think you will receive your arrears pretty quickly but don't be afraid to contact them and ask all your questions. You are entitled to that money and you have waited a long time for it so don't feel bad about calling them and asking how much and when will you receive your arrears. I wish you the best with it and I hope the extra money makes life a little easier for you now.

Advertisement