Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get a visa without a degree

Options
  • 04-01-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi there,

Mself and my partner are hoping to get a IEC Visa, I'm concerned about my resume although I have nearly 10 years experiance in retail, admin office work etc I have never obtained a degree. I went straight into work after leaving school and Im concious that most applicants my age in their mid twenties will have degrees.

I have completed two part time courses to date an IPASS Payroll Professional course and the Accounting Technicians course although I gained a distinction in my first year in my most recent second year exam I failed one subject which I have not repeated.

Is it possible to get a visa without a degree? Should I mention the accounting technician course do they ask for proof of results as I do not want them to see I failed a subject.

For the resume should I put down each job I have had or just the last 3 and should I include leaving cert and results?

My partner has quite a good academic background is he able to apply and bring me with him under some other visa or is applying under the IEC with two seperate applications our only option?

Im greatful for all advice feedback.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

You can absolutely obtain the working holiday IEC Canada visa. You don't need a degree. :)

You both need an application if it's the IEC visa you want.

All of your own courses, certs. and hefty work experience will stand to you on the other side. None of that will stop you getting the IEC visa.

Here is the official page that you need to watch daily at this point for news. On the left hand side tells you all the answers. None of the requirements ask for a degree and that issue, as far as I know, has never come up for anyone.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

About the resume, this is the format we are to follow. Personally, I made a new resume only with this info. I used minimal formatting. The work experience, people do different things but I think most just put their last 3 jobs. It's very important that whatever 3 you list on the resume are exactly the same 3 (incl. dates) that you mention in the stage 2 application CIC.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/resume.aspx

You might like to know that there are plenty of us on the other side with degrees that find getting work difficult because of having too little work experience. You're not alone! ;) We get screwed over one way or the other sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Durag

Ok thats good to hear cheers, just starting to do up my CV now. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement