Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Police Check Not Needed Under MyCIC?

Options
  • 04-01-2014 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi, as standard, if you lived abroad for 6 consecutive months or more, it says here that you need a foreign police check.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

However, using MyCIC, looking at the documents required, it says *within the past year*.

"Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?"

If I click that I have lived abroad in one of the designated countries, it produces a page error so I cannot verify that the country that I lived in requires it. Then the question afterward adds *within the past year*. I haven't lived abroad in the past year. It adds that caveat after I click yes to living abroad since the age of 18. (Italy).

Has anyone else lived abroad since 18? What do you guys think? Has anyone applied before with this in mind or is applying?

Advertisement