Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayoral Seasons Greetings

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mayor John Cummins has done a short video greeting the people of Waterford for Christmas and talking about Waterford's birthday. Spotted the video on Waterford In Your Pocket's Facebook page. Can't embed the video into the post as its not YouTube. It's only a couple of mins or so long.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=572887129458559

Can't say I recall this type of video being done before by a sitting Mayor?

Nice gesture/idea anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Whatever about what he says, the only thing you need to watch is his ridiculously awkward smile from 2:04 to 2:06!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Meh.. City merger is my one stand out factor of this mayoral term. Loss of half my family's income. Official relegation in status behind other cities. I thought there's a rule that politics is only in one thread?

Come back to me when there's 500 people working in graduate jobs. Government (local and national) don't create jobs.. But they sure do create the environment to make it better for them to go elsewhere. Come back to me with a picture of the new university with students graduating. Come back to me with a 737 landing in Waterford.

Wouldn't be into all the pro FG stuff on the forum here at all. Seems the supporters aren't in tune with the reality of some peoples life in Waterford. No point sympathising with the tough situation some are in and on the other hand not challenging the cities relegation.

No offence to anyone, everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Sorta feel I'm asking for criticism giving out about FGs treatment of Waterford even though FF didn't do much more. Just get the sense FF didn't target Waterford as much. Still wouldn't vote for em though.

Anyway pointless really. I'm a doom monger etc. This wouldn't be the forum for me I think. Each to their own. Respect to ye all wherever yer opinions and loyalties are parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Meh.. City merger is my one stand out factor of this mayoral term. Loss of half my family's income. Official relegation in status behind other cities. I thought there's a rule that politics is only in one thread?

Come back to me when there's 500 people working in graduate jobs. Government (local and national) don't create jobs.. But they sure do create the environment to make it better for them to go elsewhere. Come back to me with a picture of the new university with students graduating. Come back to me with a 737 landing in Waterford.

Wouldn't be into all the pro FG stuff on the forum here at all. Seems the supporters aren't in tune with the reality of some peoples life in Waterford. No point sympathising with the tough situation some are in and on the other hand not challenging the cities relegation.

No offence to anyone, everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Sorta feel I'm asking for criticism giving out about FGs treatment of Waterford even though FF didn't do much more. Just get the sense FF didn't target Waterford as much. Still wouldn't vote for em though.

Anyway pointless really. I'm a doom monger etc. This wouldn't be the forum for me I think. Each to their own. Respect to ye all wherever yer opinions and loyalties are parked.

how does city/county merger result in loss of half your family's income??

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭space2ground1

It doesn't. It guides companies to other cities that are better served and stops me replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Motivator

Dear god. That is all there is to say after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Rabbits in headlights stuff.

Advertisement