Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VMWare VCP 5.5 Exam Eligibility

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Last summer I completed the VMWare ICM 5.1 Course which is a requirement to sit to the VCP 5.1 exam. Due to work commitments, I'm only now getting down to study and configuration of my home lab. In the meantime, VMWare has now launched VSphere 5.5 so my question is, am i eligible to sit the VCP 5.5 exam having completed the week long ICM 5.1 course (and shelling out a load of money) or am I required to shell out more cash again in order to be able to sit the latest exam? If there is a requirement to pay out again for 5.5, is it an option to sit the 5.1 exam instead i.e. has it been made end of life since the latest release? Any information or feedback is much appreciated.

dudwell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Anybody can sit the exam but you won't receive the certification until you pass VMware's course requirements. Have a look in the certification section on VMware.com, they explain it very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I am not sure they have a specific 5.5, or 5.1, exam. I just seems to be the VCP-DCV 5 exam.

Advertisement