Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under active thyroid?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, my sister has just been told by her gp that she has an under active thyroid, she is a coeliac. Her gp recommend she go on eltroxin..shes a little bit scared of eltroxin due to side effects e.g weight gain, memory etc..Has anyone out there tried natural supplements or gone to homeopathy? she has a good diet and is exercising most day. Any advise would be appreciated :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Have a read of the thread "Thyroid misery" just down the page. Lots of good information and advice from other sufferers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dakkon

gaillimh59 wrote: »
    Hi, my sister has just been told by her gp that she has an under active thyroid, she is a coeliac. Her gp recommend she go on eltroxin..shes a little bit scared of eltroxin due to side effects e.g weight gain, memory etc..Has anyone out there tried natural supplements or gone to homeopathy? she has a good diet and is exercising most day. Any advise would be appreciated :).

My wife is on eltroxin for under active thyroid for about 7 or 8 yrs. She does not seem to suffer from any side effects other than when she misses her dose 2 or 3 days in a row (bad headaches and lack of energy).

However not taking eltroxin will lead to a whole world of trouble down the road, my wife went quite a while without been diagnosed and I blame this for her developing fibromyalgia. Auto immune diseases seem to go hand in hand with thyroid problems from what I have seen among my wifes family.

Advertisement