Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No previous landlord

Options
  • 03-01-2014 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi there,I will be moving in with my partner in February but both of us currently live with our parents. Some places seem to request a previous landlord reference, I was wondering will Iit cause us problems if we don't have one? We both work full time. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

A friend of mine was in this position recently, and she got references off work colleagues. It did the job for her, but I suppose other landlords might be more choosy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Thanks for your reply, we can definitely both get work references, I suppose I'm just wondering will most landlords be very put off by the fact we are first timers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

A solid work reference should be fine. If a landlord doesnt want to accept a first time renter then so be it, but two good work references shows that you have the means to pay the rent at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Great thank you,hopefully I'm worried over nothing :-)

Advertisement