Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dating Agencies

Options
  • 03-01-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am emerging from the end of a 7 year relationship, while not married I am effectively divorced. I am thinking about joining a dating agency as I don't have time to meet people due to work commitments, plus all my female friends are well spoken for and most are married with children.
    I would normally be too proud to seek a helping hand with anything never mind meeting my future wife but it is time for me to swallow my pride.
    What I am thinking is as follows:

While I am unlikely to be matchmade with an axe murderer I am concerned about golddiggers, chancers, wasters and those in dire straights looking for a sucker to sponge off. As such an agency that confirms the identity of all its clients strongly appeals to me. Similarly an agency that charges a tangible membership fee should filter out the deadwood and ensure that my intros are serious too.

However the fees I am often seeing are many hundereds of euros which i feel is far too much. Also I don't like the idea of recurring payments on my credit card as stopping these payments is a labyrynthine task and i have read stories of mysterious credit card charges after subscriptions have been cancelled etc.

Another reservation I have about the high membership fee agencies is that I will be introduced to women with unrealistic expectations. I have a good job but not a great one, I took a 10% paycut to keep it and my bills are rising at the same time. I live within my means and I have never missed a bill. Any woman I meet would have to accept the Celtic Tiger is dead and that almost everybody will be struggling through the next few years or longer.

I believe there are a lot of great women out there and with a little help from the right agency I could meet one and hopefully the best one.

Any tips, recommendations, good or bad experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    PP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP,

I'm afraid we don't allow discussion on dating here, there is however a dedicated Online Dating forum which can be accessed by pm'ing one of the mods.

You'll get more details of this in the charter here, at the top of the forum.

Sauve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement