Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes on sale online

Options
  • 03-01-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

ok so just wondering, its January, so wheres the best place to buy mens clothes in the sales online? somewhere with cheap shipping rates would help
    good quality clothes too
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Depends what you want to buy - formal, casual, designer, high street? Most sites have sales on, just depends what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

This place is very good for casual & sports wear

http://www.mandmdirect.ie/

If anyone can direct me to a site like this that sells suits etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

ah just high street kinda clothes, river island and the likes
    think ill have a look at m&mdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

ASOS.com is good for high street clothes and they've a good sale on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Personally only had negative experiences with this myself.
    Only ever ordered online 3 times (twice last January and once this January) and have never gotten what I wanted.

First time wrong colour so I said fcuk it it dosn't matter. Second time I ordered a shirt in large , arrived in Extra small . Hated the hassle of having to return that to UK and paying postage etc and had to wait 3 months and about 4 emails for a refund on my cred card.Both times the courrier would only drop the parcel at my nearest shop too which is 5 miles away.

This year same thing only this time I chose the pick up a jacket at the local retail branch (Marks & Spencer which had apparently ran out of stock).
    Collected today got home opened it up and yep, got a small instead of a medium(dosn't fit). I have to return this now and wait lord knows for a refund.

Anyway, I was initially nieve to think that this was all human error but I realise now that alot of stuff that's ordered online isn't actually there anymore in the first place so, to probably save time, paperwork and hassle ,the people in charge of packaging just throw in whatever's there or simply what's left regardless of wheather it's what's you ordered or not.

Either im just an incredibly cyclical person or I'm just incredibly unlucky. Either way I'm done with the online thing from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Personally only had negative experiences with this myself.
    Only ever ordered online 3 times (twice last January and once this January) and have never gotten what I wanted.

First time wrong colour so I said fcuk it it dosn't matter. Second time I ordered a shirt in large , arrived in Extra small . Hated the hassle of having to return that to UK and paying postage etc and had to wait 3 months and about 4 emails for a refund on my cred card.Both times the courrier would only drop the parcel at my nearest shop too which is 5 miles away.

This year same thing only this time I chose the pick up a jacket at the local retail branch (Marks & Spencer which had apparently ran out of stock).
    Collected today got home opened it up and yep, got a small instead of a medium(dosn't fit). I have to return this now and wait lord knows for a refund.

Anyway, I was initially nieve to think that this was all human error but I realise now that alot of stuff that's ordered online isn't actually there anymore in the first place so, to probably save time, paperwork and hassle ,the people in charge of packaging just throw in whatever's there or simply what's left regardless of wheather it's what's you ordered or not.

Either im just an incredibly cyclical person or I'm just incredibly unlucky. Either way I'm done with the online thing from now on.

Did you use the same site for all of this shopping?
    I shop online all the time, I'd say I get 80% of my clothes online. Can genuinely say I had never had any hassle... Bar once - trying to get French Connection to ship to a parcel motel but that was more of a problem of logistics.
    I find it so convenient, I love fashion but hate shopping in the conventional sense online shopping takes all the hassle out of it and I just love how all the items are in perfect condition, no pulls, make up marks, broken zips, missing buttons etc

Anyway I second asos, I also love superdry's ebay store, I've got lots for my OH from there at ridiculously cheap prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

gg2 wrote: »
    Did you use the same site for all of this shopping?

Naw 3 different.
    Have little interest in fashion , hate shoppin. Thought I was avoiding the hassle of looking around shopping centres by clicking a button. But didn't work out that way.
    There is a big 'S' for small on my current jacket , impossible to mistake for the 'M' on the invoice.
    I think that in their minds they think there's a good chance that the customer won't return it so less paperwork less hassle if they just chuck the most convenient size in especially if your getting near 50% off (and it's currently working on me!)
    It's a balls.

Advertisement