Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pick a mitre saw :)

Options
  • 03-01-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Stuck between a few mitre saws:

The choices are :

A refurbished DeWALT DW717XPS

A Makita LS1018 L

A Bosch GCM 10 SD

A Hitachi C8FSE 110v Slide Compound Mitre Saw (lacks double bevel but is half price of the others).

Let me know what you think of these or which one you would pick. I would like to have double bevel but if someone recommends a very good saw without, I might compromise.

Thanks in advance,
    S Power

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

If you have the moolah I'd recommend the Milwaulkee 12" saw. It has a double bevel cut and a digital readout which I find incredibly useful. For workshop use the Bosch articulating saw will save a lot of bench space behind the saw -no digital readout sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

recipio wrote: »
    If you have the moolah I'd recommend the Milwaulkee 12" saw. It has a double bevel cut and a digital readout which I find incredibly useful. For workshop use the Bosch articulating saw will save a lot of bench space behind the saw -no digital readout sadly.

I looked at that bosch its a lovely looking saw but its a bit too far out of my budget ... was looking around the £400 to £500 mark as I can get them from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

slpower01 wrote: »
    I looked at that bosch its a lovely looking saw but its a bit too far out of my budget ... was looking around the £400 to £500 mark as I can get them from England.

;) Fair enough. I find that I do 90 % of my crosscutting on the miter saw now so its the most used tool in the workshop. However the bench has to sit about 2' out from the wall to accommodate the slide bars and the extraction hose.
    For such a vital tool I'd save up the money personally. For a site tool of course its a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

head to b&q
    http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-tools/saws/Mac-Allister-Sliding-Mitre-Saw-255mm-12508565
    i have a dewalt but i tend to use this one more

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Thanks for the recommendation.
    For the price its really good but I need it for site work so it has to be 110v.

I do have a 230v mitre saw which is alright to use (not the most accurate as the fence is actually bowed) but no sites will allow it where I do work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement