Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather trousers / jeans (womans)

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

With the missus birthday coming up, she's been hinting at wanting a pair of these.
    What's the best place doing them at the mo? And at what price? I know a good pair would be dear.
    Don't want them too shiny or cheap looking - just good fit and stylish.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey There,

Leather is very much so in fashion for the last year or two so it's not uncommon to find something it in the high street. Look around the usual shops such as Vero Moda, Mango etc. Have a browse of their sites and it'll help narrow things down to who may currently be carrying it in their collection.

You're absolutely right about the look of a good pair of leather trousers. A good pair isn't cheap and expect to pay a minimum of €100 for a pair of trousers or leggings. Finding a pair on the high street at the moment may prove a little tricky so it might be best to turn to online retailers as you'll have more choice. Have you ever heard of the likes of Asos?

Do you know whether she'd like a pair of trousers or would she prefer leather leggings- as these tend to be a little more fashionable and flattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Another option would be to get a pair of "coated" skinny jeans - these are more wearable as you can throw in wash etc and would probably be easier to buy for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Unfortunately ams, they do tend to look cheap and shiny- something the OP is trying to avoid. While they are popular- they have none of the look or feel that a good quality pair of leather pants provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Unfortunately ams, they do tend to look cheap and shiny- something the OP is trying to avoid. While they are popular- they have none of the look or feel that a good quality pair of leather pants provide.

I have actually found the opposite but I haven't tried on any real leather trousers as was just looking for a pair of leggings or pants with a leather strip on side/front. I tried on loads of "pleather" leggings and pants and they were too shiny on me and emphasised my thighs. I bought a pair of coated jeans in Zara and they are exactly what I wanted.

I'm talking about something like these:

http://eu.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=coated+jeans&storeId=13058&productId=11326559&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=34058

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Gf has both the waxed can be good if a nice pair

• Advertisement
Advertisement