Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with ntbackup

Options
  • 03-01-2014 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

I have three machines:

1. Windows Server 2003 with an NTFS formatted 1tb usb hard drive attached
    2. Windows Server 2003
    3. Windows 2000 Server

The usb hard drive on machine 1 is mapped as a network drive on machines 2 and 3.

Machine 2 has no problem backing up to machine 1. Machine 3 backup breaks down anywhere between a few hundred mb and just under one tb complete.

Errors are:

287033.jpg

287034.jpg

However, it doesn't look like a hard drive error as machine 2 has no problem and machine 3 has the same problem with a different hard drive. Also, the backup does complete ok with the drive locally attached to the problem machine. Files larger than the backup will drag and drop to the share without any problem.

I have remapped the drive and also tried the unc path.

As small 50mb backup does complete but a 2gb fails before 1gb complete. Previous to this 50gb was completing without a problem.

Maybe it's a network connection problem as per the second part of the messsage above?

I'm googling away here but can't find anything so far that fixes the problem.

Anyone come across the before or have any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Changed the network cable for a new one and plugged it directly into the switch. Didn't help.

Advertisement