Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student - rent allowance

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm a student I'm 21 I've been renting for almost two years the place in living in now is 900 3bed house I can't seem to find anyone to move in. So I have to move. I started back in college sept gone I'm full time. I can't find any place that's about 700 that suits me or cheaper that would accept rent allowance. Any suggestions on what to do I'm planning to to the council to see if I can get help from them. How much is the limit that rent has to be for one person to get rent allowance. Thanks to anyone that can help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Hi I am looking for someone to share with, am 21 also student in college if interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for someone to share with, am 21 also student in college if interested?
    It would really depend on the college, wouldn't it? It might be best to create your own thread.

deni21 wrote: »
    How much is the limit that rent has to be for one person to get rent allowance.
    It depends on the area and some other factors. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Victor wrote: »
    It would really depend on the college, wouldn't it? It might be best to create your own thread.

Yes but it is near impossible to find a rented accommodation that's accepts rent allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Are full-time students entitled to claim rent supplement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Are full-time students entitled to claim rent supplement?

If they are on back to education allowance then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deni21

The area would be tallaght I'm in Greenhills college at first the said on one side of the letter about filling it in but on the other did it said the rent was too high on my own was meant to share with a friend no longer happening I rang them up and they said bout sharing and sent out a form about college to send back I didn't send back cos I wud no longer have someone to share with.. Thanks everyone for your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 25,688 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why don't you just move into an existing house-share?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The area would be tallaght I'm in Greenhills college at first the said on one side of the letter about filling it in but on the other did it said the rent was too high on my own was meant to share with a friend no longer happening I rang them up and they said bout sharing and sent out a form about college to send back I didn't send back cos I wud no longer have someone to share with.. Thanks everyone for your replies

No offense, I tried to read that but the lack of punctuation actually made it impossible.

Have you spoken to your college about accommodation? They are usually able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deni21

Only some colleges like ucd have accommodation not colleges for PLC ect thanks though

• Advertisement

Only some colleges like ucd have accommodation not colleges for PLC ect thanks though
    Other colleges will have an accommodation office or some form of student liaison officer.

Advertisement