Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I pay auctioneer ?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I had a property for rent for two months with auctioneer I had bought property of 3 months ago and he found nobody for it . I have found a tentant for the property myself in the mean time thru friend of a friend just wondering is my actioneer entitled to any money ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

No foal no fee - he had plenty of time to find tenants and didnt produce the goods. No doubt he will argue that his advertising may have led to deal.

I always advertise my own houses and I've never had a problem finding anyone - ad on daft - it is a bit of work but at least you get a chance to screen the tenants. If the sh1t hits the fan an agent can and will do shag all for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

I doubt he will argue about his advertising did it since I payed for the sign and put it up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,330 ✭✭✭✭ted1

did you use DAFT or just a sign?

ted1 wrote: »
    did you use DAFT or just a sign?
    We used both

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you sign a contract? If so, read it. We can't guess what could be in it.

If not and you've already paid for the advertising just tell them you're withdrawing it.

• Advertisement

I did not sign a contract
    I think I will just tell him the truth that I got a tentant myself I dont think I am being to unreasonable am I ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What did the contract state, or was there ever anything even signed?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

There never was a contract signed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

bob5666 wrote: »
    I did not sign a contract
    I think I will just tell him the truth that I got a tentant myself I dont think I am being to unreasonable am I ?

If he advertised it for you then he will be entitled to his fees even if you find a tenant. There's been more than one court case for similar but house sales where the owner got a purchaser other than through the auctioneer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement