Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership of CPSYCHI

Options
  • 02-01-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭

What are the main advantages to become a member of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland (CPSYCHI)?
    http://irishpsychiatry.ie/members.aspx

I am a NCHD. I have to pay €252 for Professional competence scheme (PCS) as I am on General Division of the IMC. If I become a member, is there any reduction in the PCS fees?
    What do you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

What are the main advantages to become a member of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland (CPSYCHI)?
    http://irishpsychiatry.ie/members.aspx

I am a NCHD. I have to pay €252 for Professional competence scheme (PCS) as I am on General Division of the IMC. If I become a member, is there any reduction in the PCS fees?
    What do you suggest?

You need to get on the trainee register to avoid paying PCS fees, so you'd need to be on a training programme. Being a member of that college does not seem to constitute being on a trainee programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, I have applied for BST training programme, the interviews will be in February and jobs will start in July.
    So basically now I must pay the PCS fees, isnt it?
    Vorsprung wrote: »
    You need to get on the trainee register to avoid paying PCS fees, so you'd need to be on a training programme. Being a member of that college does not seem to constitute being on a trainee programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Yes, I have applied for BST training programme, the interviews will be in February and jobs will start in July.
    So basically now I must pay the PCS fees, isnt it?

Unfortunately you do. They may only charge you a portion of the fees as you've arrived into the scheme half way through the year. It's worth ringing/emailing them and seeing how you can save some money.

Advertisement