Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private ebay thread

Options
  • 02-01-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hello,
    I purchased items from an ebay seller privately. I paid for the items plus delivery. The seller told me a price of approx. £15, and quoted that he ''just got quote'' for this, I assumed this was all I would have to pay, but he got back to me saying that I would have to pay £10 more, and that he can do nothing about it.
    Delivery from NI to Republic

Where do I stand with this,
    The seller seems genuine, with good feedback. I also sent this money as a gift so that he would have no fees to pay.

My opinion is that I shouldn't have to pay any more. the parcel weight is no more than 4-5 kg, and that is allowing a bit extra on weight!
    dimensionally the largest item is 40cm x 45cm x16cm, the other items would fit within this, as this is a shell structure.
    Putting these dimensions allowing a bit extra on them along with the weight into niparcel, I am getting quotes of similar to what I paid already for postage

Be grateful for your opinions on this,
    Thanks

That should say private ebay purchase not thread, cant seem to change it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

jobseek wrote: »
    Hello,
    I purchased items from an ebay seller privately. I paid for the items plus delivery. The seller told me a price of approx. £15, and quoted that he ''just got quote'' for this, I assumed this was all I would have to pay, but he got back to me saying that I would have to pay £10 more, and that he can do nothing about it.
    Delivery from NI to Republic

Where do I stand with this,
    The seller seems genuine, with good feedback. I also sent this money as a gift so that he would have no fees to pay.

My opinion is that I shouldn't have to pay any more. the parcel weight is no more than 4-5 kg, and that is allowing a bit extra on weight!
    dimensionally the largest item is 40cm x 45cm x16cm, the other items would fit within this, as this is a shell structure.
    Putting these dimensions allowing a bit extra on them along with the weight into niparcel, I am getting quotes of similar to what I paid already for postage

Be grateful for your opinions on this,
    Thanks

That should say private ebay purchase not thread, cant seem to change it

You can't do a private sale on ebay, it's against their rules. So, the price is down to an agreement between you and this seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

How did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jobseek

Paid with PayPal,he has accepted that it was a mistake on his part for not having correct postage cost, however, there was also a mix up in relation to what I was being sent, items I didn't purchase which greatly added to [parcel weight, sorted now though

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

up to 5 kilos business rates with DPD would be €20 to the UK so he is paying a bit of a premium probably using royal mail or the like.

You are up the creek on the money side as you traded outside of ebay and declared the money as a gift to paypal so no chargeback insurance.

I think you should take your lumps and move on.

SPCW

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jobseek

spcw wrote: »
    up to 5 kilos business rates with DPD would be €20 to the UK so he is paying a bit of a premium probably using royal mail or the like.

You are up the creek on the money side as you traded outside of ebay and declared the money as a gift to paypal so no chargeback insurance.

I think you should take your lumps and move on.

SPCW

I realise that with the payment, but have the issue sorted now, in fairness he offered a full refund if I wanted,
    he got delivery sorted with NIparcel.com, the parcel weight is less than 3kg, dpd are coming up on this website to deliver from north to south for less than €20!

• Advertisement
Advertisement