Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning Squash Westwood Leopardstown - veteran/social/beginner standard

Options
  • 02-01-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Moderately fit 45 year old male who's a stone overweight here :o

I played a small amount of social squash in my 20's and early 30's but kids, life etc intervened and I've only played 2-3 times in the last 5 years.

I get up to WW 2-3 times a week to do 5k on the treadmill and I do the odd 10k fun run during the summer. That's as fit as I get, I'm no triathlete!!

6am to 7am is when I exercise as it gets me home in time to drop the kids to school and I've never been one for training after work. I just can't motivate myself to exercise at the end of the day.

So, does anyone fancy a few social games from 6:15am to 7:00am weekdays in WW Leopardstown? I'm happy to play a beginner looking for someone to practice with or another old fart like myself looking to maintain some moderate level of fitness/activity. We can use the new online court booking system to ensure we get courts, see http://www.westwood.clubmanager.ie.

It gets boring playing the same person all the time so the ideal outcome of this thread would be a small group who could mix it up and play a couple of mornings a week each on some sort of rotational basis without it becoming a big commitment or a competitive league. There are squash ladders you can join in WW if you want something more competitive.

If you're interested please PM me and let's see if we can get something going.

Advertisement