Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pokemon league cities :D

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin Pokemon league cities will be on the 11th January registration at 11am :D We're taking a much harder line on official rulings and decklists this time round, so please be aware :) this could be the start of more tournaments if we do it right, so hope to see a big attendance. The facebook page is here

https://www.facebook.com/events/672667986098438/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming for more information

Any more questions stick them here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm looking to sort something out here in Galway. I know I've mentioned it a few times before, but I was pretty much waiting until A) Chirstmas was out of the way, and B) I had a copy of X/Y to play on. I would have had very little drive if I'd sorted it all out but then had to sit on the sidelines during the events.

Anyways, I'm looking to kick it into high gear now, so I was wondering if I could get a copy of the general rule list. I'm looking to set up casuals and tournaments with the videogame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You guys actually have your own cities in Galway on the 18th :) and apparently there is a league being set up.

Is that in association with the Akumacon crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its being run as an official event tis all I know.

The date seems to coincide with Akumacon (local annual anime convention), so I'd imagine they're fronting it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, it's being run in NUIG, where Akumakon is on.

Angron wrote: »
    Yup, it's being run in NUIG, where Akumakon is on.

Deadly stuff. There's also a Street Fighter tournament happening there, so it should be a good weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Checked the timetable for Akumakon last night, it's on in IT room 202/204 apparently, starting at 11.

Checked the timetable for Akumakon last night, it's on in IT room 202/204 apparently, starting at 11.

Deadly stuff. Is that the video game or the card game?

I believe there is a competition on for both.

• Advertisement

I believe there is a competition on for both.

Deadly stuff. Cheers for the info.

I happen to live with one of the organisers for it, so it helps :pac: I'm not sure if the video game competition is on at the same time and in the same room though, the timetable only has the TCG listed. However, they've got X&Y down for video game competitions on the Akumakon site. I'll check when I get home, and get back to you.

Cool. I've passed all the current info onto the Galway Street Fighter crowd. There's a few Pokémon players amongst them.

Right, times are: TCG is on Saturday, from 11am to 3pm, and is in IT Room 202/204. The video game competition is on the Sunday, from 1pm to 4pm and is in The large acoustic room.

Anything else you may be interested in, the timetable is here.

All card games have been moved to the college bar now, I believe it's the same time though.

Advertisement