Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application questions?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Mortgage application Q’s

1. I have various savings accounts – does it matter if they have different addresses (parents, sisters etc.)? As I will be moving shortly (be it to another rental or own home) I am reluctant to change them to the current temporary one.

2. ‘Other adults living at property’ – I am buying the property on my own as a single parent, my savings, my mortgage. The person I am currently seeing may or may not live with me and neither of us want them to have any rights to the property. What is the purpose of the question and if I put down that one other adult may be living there will they want to see their financial details in case they have a vested interest down the line?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,190 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had accounts at multiple addresses (my own at the time, my parents) - just had to provide them all at the start for the credit check. Didn't cause an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

BookBook wrote: »
    Mortgage application Q’s

1. I have various savings accounts – does it matter if they have different addresses (parents, sisters etc.)? As I will be moving shortly (be it to another rental or own home) I am reluctant to change them to the current temporary one.

2. ‘Other adults living at property’ – I am buying the property on my own as a single parent, my savings, my mortgage. The person I am currently seeing may or may not live with me and neither of us want them to have any rights to the property. What is the purpose of the question and if I put down that one other adult may be living there will they want to see their financial details in case they have a vested interest down the line?

Would you not use a broker? we used one and he was golden in preempting all these questions, we went through the whole application process without one issue from the bank due to clarifications, incorrect paper work...etc. Really made the whole experience painless and there is no charge, they get a commission payment from the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

jon1981 wrote: »
    Would you not use a broker? we used one and he was golden in preempting all these questions, we went through the whole application process without one issue from the bank due to clarifications, incorrect paper work...etc. Really made the whole experience painless and there is no charge, they get a commission payment from the bank.

Thanks jon1891, I contacted a broker in Dublin City Centre and their charge was 250e, wasn't sure if this was the norm or the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Thanks jon1891, I contacted a broker in Dublin City Centre and their charge was 250e, wasn't sure if this was the norm or the exception.

Alot of brokers don't charge anything as they usually get commission from the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Mortgage application Q’s

The simple answer is no other adult living at the property, I assume ye are not living together at the moment. If ye do decide to move in together make sure you seek legal advice and draft up an agreement under the following http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2010/en/act/pub/0024/sec0202.html

Once ye enter into a marriage or civil partnership situation then the family home can become a little complex seek legal advice on that also if the need arises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I'll pm a recommendation. Killers1 on here is the guy.

Advertisement